Smoked Mackerel Bruschetta
225g (8oz) peppered 'ready to eat' smoked mackerel fillets, skinned and flaked
1 x 340g (12oz) packet garlic bread slices
2 red peppers
2 yellow peppers
Salt and black pepper
Parmesan cheese shavings, to garnish
- Preheat the grill
- Grill the peppers, turning frequently until the skin turns black.
Once blackened, place in a plastic food bag and secure the top.
The steam from the peppers will make it easier to remove the skin.
- Cook the garlic bread according to the packet instructions.
- Remove the skin from the peppers, discarding the stalk and seeds. Cut into long thin strips.
- Place the mackerel into a bowl and stir in the peppers.
- Top each piece of garlic bread with strips of pepper and flakes of mackerel. Drizzle with olive oil, season and top with Parmesan.
- Serve as a starter or snack.